With the ebsoft logistics system logistics processes can be optimized in a simple manner. The ebsoft Logistics System is programmed primarily in Java. It works by default with Unicode and is multi-language capable.
The individual program modules can be adapted very easily to the specific customer requirements. The system can be used from a single-user system to a global bar code labeling and tracking system on the Intranet and Internet and can be expanded according to customer specific requirements. It can be integrated into existing processes very easy. High cost savings by optimizing the logistics processes.
System description and design of the individual program modules:
M1: Graphical Layout Editor V6, to make labels and forms graphically on the screen (WYSIWYG):
- Layouts are processed and stored in XML format.
- Arithmetic operations per data field are possible.
- Each data field can be assigned to an operation,
- Printer specific parameters are stored in the database and processed during the output accordingly.
- Layouts can be divided into different layers as needed.
- This can be customized with a layout of all types of printers drivers (laser printers (mono / color), thermal transfer).
M2: Mask Generator:
- The mask generator is integrated in the layout editor and generates the input screens.
M3: Program Generator:
- The ebsoft logistics system can optimize logistics processes in a simple manner. Developed under the professional development environment Eclipse, the successor product developed by IBM Visual Age. Eclipse is a development platform that is suitable for rugged professional use. It is characterized by a high integration of character that enables easy integration of external tools. A variety of major companies involved in the development of the Eclipse platform and took part in the Eclipse project (standardization and development). e.g. : IBM, Oracle, SAP and many others. A module for 1 - and 2-dimensional bar code and RFID code is part of the system.
M4: SQL Database:
- In the standard system, a SQL database is integrated, which is for single user applications, for applications from multiple clients and a high-volume databases from Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase. Other databases on request.
- For applications from multiple clients and a high volume of data, databases from Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase are supported. Other databases on request.
- The database tables are in need of ebsoft tuned to the particular application. During the print treatment data can also run locally the data is made available and processed.
- The data in over 30 languages (warnings, precautions, symbols, materials, labeling regulations, etc., tailored to the particular application) are provided.
- In the standard data are processed in Unicode. If necessary, they can also be processed in the Central European (Code Page 1250), if special fonts from marketing point of view are required.
- The user interface is multinational.
- The programs and extensions are stored in the database.
- Versioning and archiving as an option.
M5: ebApplication Server:
- The ebApplications - Server is the link between the individual program modules. It allows that the individual modules can be used on different systems. The system can be used as a stand-alone, client-server and Web system on the Intranet and Internet.
M6: eb Spool-System:
- The ebSpool system with Java-Script Control is an independent working ebsoft program. It communicates with the application used in each case. Upon receipt of formatted XML - files are automatically, on time, generates the output files of the labels and forms for the specific printer.
- An integrated Java - Script control, the printing operations, while monitoring the pressure treatment and control. It can: numbering carried out just prior to printing, check digits calculated pressure outputs examined, signals requested by donors, process data is transferred, and many more.
- Output increase in thermal transfer printers (Zebra or similar). The ebSpool system processes the print jobs to the respective commands of the printer used printer and speaks directly to the printer, resulting in numbers and changing content (EAN 128) to the improved performance.
- ebSpool management: Several ebSpooler on a print server can work independently and simultaneously, increases the processing and reaction time for the printer output substantially. About ebSpooler implemented in the program management, working in the network printers are used in each case assigned to a ebSpooler.
- Archiving of output. If required, the output archived and the printed results are reported.
- When using thermal transfer printers different types of printers specially developed printer drivers are supported that increases the use of numbering, donors, etc. are controlled in a special mode, and therefore the print throughput. (printer type on request)
M8: ebWindows-Printer driver:
- ebsoft generally supports all deployed on Windows printer drivers. Reference should be ensured that they were released by Microsoft.
- The ebsoft - program with embedded Internet Explorer, to the respective matched ebsoft application. The Interactive Message output operates asynchronously and can be configured according to the specified security settings, and either the intranet or the Internet be used as an input mask.
- Ebsoft provides a large number of interfaces to ERP systems (PPS - SCM - ERP - CRM - WMS - WMS), such as SAP R3, mySAP, DIBAC, Kisters, Navision, scales, measurement systems, warehouse control systems and PLC systems, scanners, etc. available. A simple integration ebsoft the system will allow this.
The standard includes:
- File interface with fixed or variable record length
- XML interface
- IDOC interface
- Database Interface
- CSV interfaces
- Scale Interface
- PLC interfaces
- Interfaces with bar code scanner systems
The Downloads section contains additional documents and details about our systems as well as examples and reports about some customer applications. Click here for it.